Sherlock Company and Health Plans
Photograph by A. Aubrey Bodine Copyright © Jennifer B. Bodine
Sherlock Company assists health plans, their business partners and their investors in the treasury, strategic and control functions of finance.
Since our founding in 1987, we have been known for our single-minded focus on the needs of our health plan clients and for our high standards of technical competence.
We serve only health plans, TPAs and their related businesses, and we serve them with mutually reinforcing services. Sherlock Company has performed over 140
financial advisory assignments for health plans, we offer the health plan industry's definitive cost and performance benchmarks and we publish two influential and
highly regarded research newsletters. Our performance benchmarks complement our corporate finance activities, and both corporate finance and performance benchmarks inform
our published research.
Our three principle services are as follows:
The Sherlock Expense Evaluation Reports are the definitive benchmarks for health plan
administrative expenses and operational performance. New benchmarks are nearing publication.
Our monthly newsletter PULSE covers a wide range of topics that are critical to health plan managers, consultants,
Sherlock Company has been providing Corporate Finance Services for health plans for nearly twenty-five years.
Presentations and Recent Navigators
- Navigator, April 2014, TPAs and ASO: The Growth of Self-Insurance | Forming TPA Benchmark Universe
- Navigator, March 2014, Decisions of Low Cost Independent/Provider-Sponsored Plans | Dashboard Summary |
PULSE Refocused | Sherlock Benchmarking Universes.
- Navigator, February 2014, Decisions of Low Cost Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans | New Benchmark Universes Being Formed |
New Applications of Sherlock Benchmarks.
- Navigator, January 2014, A Metric for the Payoff of Medical Management.
- Navigator, November 2013, Measuring Performance Improvements of Long-Term Benchmarking Participants.
- Presentation, October 2013, Medicaid Plans' Administrative Expenses Decelerate in 2012
- Navigator, Late October 2013, Medicaid Plans' Administrative Costs Decelerate in 2012.
- Navigator, October 2013, Lean Six Sigma and Sherlock Benchmarks | Health Plans Expect Premium Increase Acceleration: 9.6% in 2014, or 6.8% After Buydowns.
- Presentation, Blue Business Process Management Summit
Read | Read
- Presentation, September 2013, Administrative Expense Growth For Medicare Plans Accelerate in 2012
- Navigator, September 2013, Administrative Expense Growth For Medicare Plans Accelerate in 2012 | Benchmarking, Simplified
- Presentation, August 2013, The Cost of Medicare Star Ratings
- Navigator, August 2013, The Cost of Medicare STAR Ratings
- Presentation, Late July 2013, Independent/Provider-Sponsored Plans' Administrative Costs Were 8.7% of Premiums in 2012
Site Index |
© 1997-2014 Sherlock Company. All Rights Reserved. Legal Information