Sherlock Company and Health Plans
Photograph by A. Aubrey Bodine Copyright © Jennifer B. Bodine
Sherlock Company assists health plans, their business partners and their investors in the treasury, strategic and control functions of finance.
Since our founding in 1987, we have been known for our single-minded focus on the needs of our health plan clients and for our high standards of technical competence.
We serve only health plans, TPAs and their related businesses, and we serve them with mutually reinforcing services. Sherlock Company has performed over 140
financial advisory assignments for health plans, we offer the health plan industry's definitive cost and performance benchmarks and we publish two influential and
highly regarded research newsletters. Our performance benchmarks complement our corporate finance activities, and both corporate finance and performance benchmarks inform
our published research.
Our three principle services are as follows:
The Sherlock Expense Evaluation Reports are the definitive benchmarks for health plan
administrative expenses and operational performance. New benchmarks are nearing publication.
Our weekly newsletter PULSE covers a wide range of topics that are critical to health plan managers, consultants,
Sherlock Company has been providing Corporate Finance Services for health plans for nearly twenty-five years.
Presentations and Recent Navigators
- Navigator, Mid-April 2015, How Does Meidcaid Affect Commercial Administrative Costs
- Navigator, Early April 2015, The ROI on Medical Management for Medicaid Plans
- Navigator, Late February 2015, How do Best-in-Class Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans Achieve it?
- Navigator, February 2015, How do Best-in-Class Health Plans Achieve it?
- Navigator, January 2015, Analysis From Sherlock Benchmarks: The Account and Membership Administration Cluster
- Navigator, November 2014, Analysis From Sherlock Benchmarks: Does Organization Type Drive Administrative Costs
- Presentation, Late October 2014, Medicare Plans' Administrative Cost Growth Sharply Declined in 2013
- Navigator, Late October 2014, Medicare Plans: 2013 is the Baseline Year
- Presentation, October 2014, Medicaid Plans' Administrative Cost Growth was Modest in 2013
- Navigator, October 2014, Medicaid Plans: 2013 is the Baseline Year
- Navigator, September 2014, Summary of Sherlock Scale Study for Health Plans: They Exist but Should not be Overstated
- Navigator, August 2014, Larger Health Plans and Economies of Scale
- Presentation, July 2014, Independent / Provider - Sponsored Administrative Expenses Increase on IS, Medical Management and Advertising
Site Index |
© 1997-2014 Sherlock Company. All Rights Reserved. Legal Information